Trend Report 2018: Embellished Shoes
Put some sparkle in your step, baby.
If you had the chance to get acquainted with ROCCAPINA yet then you know that we love a sparkly detail.
We are drawn to what we feel comfortable in. For me that is minimalistic, yet elegant, feminine design. I’m also in love with all timeless things. Though – I like to add a little striking accessory to my style. That’s how I design ROCCAPINA sandals as well. Timeless, classic and flattering silhouettes with a touch of sparkle.
Even though ROCCAPINA is not a label that follows trends, here are a few different Shoe Trends Summer 2018 that have caught our eye.
The TOP Fashion Trends according to Pinterest : Fearless fashion
Women’s style on Pinterest is where the fashion world meets the real world. People use Pinterest to bring trends to life and decide what to buy. 70% of female Pinners visit at least once a week for searching, saving and creating their personalized look book one Pin at a time. With over 16 billion ideas, this is one of our most popular categories.
• Logomania is back: The latest street style trend mixes brand iconography with elevated pieces (saves for “logos” +203%)
• Larger than life earrings: From oversized hoops to structured heavy metal, earrings are bigger and better than ever (saves for “structured statement earrings” +947%)
• Go wide: In the skinny-or-not pants debate, people are siding with wide-legged bottoms and crops (saves for “wide leg” +213%)
• Beret all day: A major accessory on fall runways, this French fave is très chic for day or night (saves for “berets” +269%)
• Long live layers: Below-the-knee sweaters and jackets add extra cozy, while kimonos and dusters add extra chic (saves for “long layered clothing” +102%)
• Plastic makes perfect: Lucite and patent leather are the plastics we predict will be everywhere by spring (saves for “lucite” and “patent leather” +110%)
• Slits are it: The eye-catching detail is popular on tunics and midi dresses, and even gives pants unexpected edge (saves for “side slits” +147%)
• The original blue jean: A favorite style returns—100% cotton denim is reimagined and capsule wardrobe worthy (saves for “100% cotton denim” +115%)
• Socks that rock: Sheer socks with sneaks or sandals, add instant oomph to any ensemble (saves for “sheer socks” +72%)
• Pep up your step: Studs, pearls and bold buckles are the subtle but striking details on statement shoes (saves for “embellished shoes” +222%)
But it’s not just Pinterest that loves an embellished sandal – it’s all about sophisticated embellishment over here at Footwearnews as well.
What is a summer without sparkle anyway?
You can go all out with crazy bejeweled pumps by Dolce & Gabbana or choose a delicate version embellished with pearly heels or jewelled laces. Pretty embellishments are one of the highlights this summer. Jewelled details, bows or glitter – take your pick.
Strappy, strappy, straps.
From Alberta Ferretti to Altuzarra a big part of the spring 2018 shoe trends are strappy sandals. Think straps that go up the ankle and up to the calf. Just like ROCCAPINA’s strappy t-strap sandals these trendy versions are made up entirely of flat leather straps going all the way up to mid-calf. Seems we’re accidently absolutely on-trend! [Source Glowsly]
Glitter covered leather seems to be the perfect choice to add some fun to your party outfit this summer. From pointed-toe pumps at Victoria Beckham to Glitter- and pearl-coated shoes at Miu Miu.
It’s all about the socks.
If you really want to style it up this summer season, socks are your go-to accessory. In all variations, with pearls, sheer, in bright colours or fishnet as shown below. [Pinterest inspiration]
So – how do you pair your outfits this summer? With strappy t-strap sandals that laces up the ankle, or glittery socks?
— Like this? Then you’ll love these —
My tried and tested ways on how to start a shoe brand
Stuck in a Mum-style rut? These Stylish Mum’s Share Their Style Tips
Shoemaking in Italy: How to find a Shoe Factory
PS. Shop our Elegant Flat Sandals here